WHAT'S NEW IN VERSION 4.1:
This update expands on a few existing features:
- Now able to multi-select & SET item attributes in whole types & categories in Master Catalog
- Fixed several iOS 10 bugs
Thanks for all your feedback & support. Your positive ratings, reviews & recommendations enable me to continue to support & improve this app. Stay tuned for more!
WHAT'S NEW IN VERSION 4.0:
This major update (on the heels of sister-app Packing Pro's 7th anniversary) includes a big overhaul of the app's backend coding — over 20,000 lines have been updated or rewritten. Support has been dropped for iOS 6 & 7, but devices on iOS 8 & 9 now function much more smoothly. Once again, as always, this is a totally free update.
Big changes that improve editing & list-making organization & efficiency:
- SORT option added to each level of the Master Catalog
- New function to capitalize or uncapitalize Master Catalog types & items
Other nice design & user experience improvements & bug fixes:
- Tap page title to quickly scroll back to top
- Save multi-line notes for lists & items
- Smoother rotations & animations
- Fixed some long-standing layout & transition issues
- Added extra space for editing on iPhones
- Added extra assistance for app badge settings
- Fixed a badge bug that sometimes showed a number of remaining items, even when list was empty (thanks Johann!)
- Fixed bug that ignored 'Disable Auto-lock' setting on later re-launch
- Fixed some web-connection bugs
Since so many things were changed with this update, if you encounter any bugs, please let me know (and be patient & understanding).
WHAT'S NEW IN VERSION 3.2:
- Full-display support for iPad Pro
- Various layout & bug fixes
WHAT'S NEW IN VERSION 3.1:
There are several important additions & improvements in this update.
Building on the last update:
- Added ability to SORT by PRIORITY
- Added ability to MULTI-SELECT and SET the PRIORITY value for several items at once
Here's something I've wanted to add for a long time:
- LIST CATEGORY MULTI-SELECT — speeds up & simplifies list editing
- Fixed issue with adding items to empty list categories
- Made improvements to Voice Over accessibility support
FYI, this may be my last version to support iOS 6 and 7, so please upgrade all your devices to the latest iOS, if you're able.
WHAT'S NEW IN VERSION 3.0:
- List item (NEW): Added PRIORITY attribute, with checkbox indications on list page
- BARCODES! (NEW): Scan and save (min iOS 8+)
- Design tweaks: Improved readability in popup toolbars & other minor adjustments
- List date (NEW): Added button to reset date back to '(TBD)'
WHAT'S NEW IN VERSION 2.2:
- Added 'Management' section to Settings for Alerts & Photos
- Fixed alert/notification & badge bug in iOS 8
- Added extra icons for list & catalog categories (thanks for all the suggestions!)
- Added easier access to app permissions in Settings
- Added full support for 64-bit iOS devices
- Improved support for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
WHAT'S NEW IN VERSION 2.1:
Hope everyone loved the new list-item photo & alert enhancements in the last update. This one is all about iOS 8 and the two new iPhones. I've optimized the layout to take advantage of all the extra screen space on the iPhone 6 & iPhone 6 Plus. In addition, I've:
- Fixed a sticky-scrolling bug on several pages
- Fixed a swipe-to-delete bug on the shopping list page
- Tweaked various functions to work well with iOS 6, 7 and 8
I'm very sorry if these bugs caused you any frustration, and thanks for pointing them out to me.
WHAT'S NEW IN VERSION 2.0:
This is a MAJOR UPDATE with two new features that I (and many of you) have wanted to add for a long time. They've made the app twice as useful (or 1000x!):
- **NEW** ADD IMAGES
TO YOUR ITEMS! A picture is worth 1000 words!
- **NEW** ADD ALERTS
TO YOUR LISTS & ITEMS!
Data protection & backup improvements:
- Fixed a bug affecting non-backed up data & device restoring
- Added extra backup protection & recovery coding
- Reduced size of data files to save space & speed up launch times
Other additions & fixes:
- Added reminders for missed alerts
- Added note & image icons to Master Catalog items, and image & alert icons to list items
- Now, reorder all your list categories in one go
- Made the Checkout button a bit bigger & easier to tap
- Fixed a bug affecting adding new units (thanks, Pierre!)
- Fixed a bug that in some cases prevented full editing due to locked scrolling (thanks, Keri!)
- Fixed a broken link to 'Gift This App'
WHAT'S NEW IN VERSION 1.3:
NEW & IMPROVED:
- COMPLETE DESIGN REVAMP FOR iOS 7 -- now cleaner & lighter!
- Enabled sub-unit, decimal precision to the item number value (a very popular request!)
- Made the auto-subtotal calculator for items more interactive
- Added list & cart price totals to email & printout
- Added an extra layer of backup protection
- Made list category header opening & closing less sensitive for easier scrolling (thanks Nancy!)
- Easier to scroll list & other pages when editing too
- Fixed occasional crashing bug when editing list
- Fixed error with ordering when adding multiple items to a list (thanks Andrew!)
- Lots of other bug fixes & usability improvements
WHAT'S NEW IN VERSION 1.2:
- Lots of changes to support the new iOS 7 upgrade & design
- AirPrint now supported — print from app straight to printer!
- Print & email text formatting options for 1, 2 or 3 columns
- Auto-reminder if all list items are hidden due to sort settings
WHAT'S NEW IN VERSION 1.1:
- Added a CHECKOUT feature with options to manage the list post-shopping
- On iPad, NUMBER, UNIT & PRICE values now remain visible even while editing
- Fixed a bug with popup sort bar reminder that didn't auto-disappear
WHAT'S NEW IN VERSION 1.0:
Everything -- as this is version 1.0! If you've seen or used Packing (+TO DO!) or Packing Pro before, though, you will recognize a lot of the same organization & features, as Shopping is built on Packing (+TO DO!)'s solid, four-year foundation. Visit this page in the future to learn more about changes & improvements made with each new update.