WHAT'S NEW IN VERSION 15.2:
This update adds lots of nice, powerful, flexible features for content management:
PRO-level features added:
- Individual LIST CATEGORIES can now be IMPORTED & EXPORTED via email, AirDrop, iTunes, Dropbox, Box & iCloud Drive
- Great for creating modular lists
- New methods to import & export CSV-format content
Regular-level features added:
- Now there's an option to MERGE matching imported content, such as lists, list categories, catalog categories & Master Catalog
- Filterable attributes (person, bag, need-to-buy) of merged list items can be auto-set or reset en masse, if desired
- Fixed several iOS 10 bugs
Thanks for all your feedback & support. Your positive ratings, reviews & recommendations enable me to continue to support & improve this app. Stay tuned for more!
WHAT'S NEW IN VERSION 15.1:
This update expands on a few existing features:
- Now able to multi-select & SET item attributes in whole types & categories in Master Catalog
- List & Catalog SEARCH now also looks for matches in item NOTES (PRO users)
- Now able to UN-SET the current list
- Fixed several iOS 10 bugs
WHAT'S NEW IN VERSION 15.0:
This major update (on the heels of brother-app Packing Pro's 7th anniversary) includes a big overhaul of the app's backend coding — over 20,000 lines have been updated or rewritten. Support has been dropped for iOS 6 & 7, but devices on iOS 8 & 9 now function much more smoothly. Once again, as always, this is a totally free update.
HUGE changes that improve editing & list-making organization & efficiency:
- You can now SMART SEARCH / QUICK ADD on all Master Catalog pages (*PRO feature)
- List page search is also improved - plus, it's come out of hiding! (*PRO feature)
- SORT option added to each level of the Master Catalog
- New function to capitalize or uncapitalize Master Catalog types & items
- Extra options for 'Add List to List' function
Other nice design & user experience improvements & bug fixes:
- Tap page title to quickly scroll back to top, and to SEARCH on list & catalog pages (*PRO feature)
- Save multi-line notes for lists & items
- More robust iCloud Drive auto-syncing (*PRO feature)
- Smoother rotations & animations
- Fixed some long-standing layout & transition issues
- Added extra space for editing on iPhones
- Added extra assistance for app badge settings
- Fixed a badge bug that sometimes showed a number of remaining items, even when list was empty (thanks Johann!)
- Fixed bug that ignored 'Disable Auto-lock' setting on later re-launch
- Fixed some web-connection bugs
Since so many things were changed with this update, if you encounter any bugs, please let me know (and be patient & understanding).
WHAT'S NEW IN VERSION 14.2:
- New function: Add List to List — great for adding mini-lists like 'carry-on', 'camping equipment', 'baby supplies', etc.
- Full-display support for iPad Pro
- Added social media support for Sina Weibo & Tencent Weibo
- Various layout & bug fixes
- Added a Tip Jar
WHAT'S NEW IN VERSION 14.1:
Lots of additions & improvements in this major update.
Building on the last update:
- Added ability to SORT by PRIORITY and FILTER by NEED TO BUY (to create a trip-specific shopping list)
- Partial, filtered lists can also be exported & printed as they are
- Added ability to MULTI-SELECT and SET values of PRIORITY and NEED TO BUY for several items at once
Here's something I've wanted to add for a long time:
- LIST CATEGORY MULTI-SELECT — speeds up & simplifies list editing
- Fixed issue with adding items to empty list categories
- Fixed Chinese translation issue for users around the world
- Fixed general translation issues with content on Info page
- Made improvements to Voice Over accessibility support
FYI, this may be my last version to support iOS 6 and 7, so please upgrade all your devices to the latest iOS, if you're able. Also, for PRO users using iCloud auto-sync on iOS 8 or 9, please upgrade ALL of your devices to iCloud Drive (in case you haven't done so already).
WHAT'S NEW IN VERSION 14.0:
LOTS of enhancements in this MAJOR update:
- Data transfer (NEW): Added new options for WIRELESS SHARING via AirDrop, Dropbox, Box & iCloud Drive (*PRO-level feature; min iOS 8+)
- List items (NEW): Added PRIORITY and NEED TO BUY attributes, with icon & checkbox indications on list page
- List (NEW): Added layout option to DISPLAY & PREVIEW ITEM IMAGES directly on list page (*PRO-level feature)
- List totals (NEW): Added totals & subtotals for currently packed items, as well as for complete list
- Design tweaks: Improved readability in popup toolbars & other minor adjustments
- List dates (NEW): Added buttons to reset dates back to '(TBD)'
- List dates (FIX): Now you can set any Departure Date (future or past) that you wish, though the app will still auto-correct the Return Date to be that same date, at the earliest. Alert dates will continue to auto-correct for NOW (+1 hour), at the earliest.
- CSV - Improvement & expansion of CSV file import, export & editing, while maintaining backward compatibility (*PRO-level feature)
- iCloud auto-sync - Improvements when concurrently using two or more devices, though I would still recommend not editing on more than one device at a time (*PRO-level feature)
- Bug (FIX): Backpack-stroller icon flip-flop (how did that happen?!). You may need to double-check and re-edit this, if one of these were used.
WHAT'S NEW IN VERSION 13.2:
- Added 'Management' section to Settings for Alerts, Photos, People & Bags
- Fixed alert/notification & badge bug in iOS 8
- Added extra icons for People, Bags & Categories (thanks for all the suggestions!)
- Added easier access to app permissions in Settings
- Added full support for 64-bit iOS devices
- Improved support for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Improved iCloud auto-sync (for PRO users), though it's still recommended NOT to EDIT content on more than one device at the same time (viewing is OK)
WHAT'S NEW IN VERSION 13.1:
Hope everyone loved the new list-item photo & alert enhancements in the last update. This one is all about iOS 8 and the two new iPhones. I've optimized the layout to take advantage of all the extra screen space on the iPhone 6 & iPhone 6 Plus. In addition, I've:
- Fixed a sticky-scrolling bug on several pages
- Fixed a swipe-to-delete bug on the packing list page
- Tweaked various functions to work well with iOS 6, 7 and 8
- Made improvements to iCloud auto-sync's stability & error-catching abilities (Pro-feature)
I'm very sorry if these bugs caused you any frustration, and thanks for pointing them out to me.
For the next update, do you have any suggestions for extra icons for categories, people or bags you'd like to see, or any other enhancements? Feel free to email me some ideas!
WHAT'S NEW IN VERSION 13.0:
This is a MAJOR UPDATE with two new features that I (and many of you) have wanted to add for a long time. They've made the app twice as useful (or 1000x!):
- **NEW** ADD IMAGES
TO YOUR ITEMS! A picture is worth 1000 words!
- **NEW** ADD ALERTS
TO YOUR LISTS, ITEMS & TO-DO TASKS!
And both work well with iCloud (for Pro-features and Pro-full in-app upgrade users)!
Data protection & backup improvements:
- Added a convenient '1-tap backup to email' function w/ reminders (Pro-feature)
- Fixed a bug affecting non-backed up data & device restoring
- Added extra backup protection & recovery coding
- Reduced size of data files to save space & speed up launch times & iCloud syncing (Pro-feature)
Other additions & fixes:
- Added reminders for missed alerts
- Added note & image icons to Master Catalog items, and image & alert icons to list items
- Now, reorder all your list categories in one go
- Fixed a bug affecting adding new people or bags (thanks, Pierre!)
- Fixed a rare bug involving old themes & crashing
- Fixed a rare start-up crashing bug
- Fixed a bug that kept asking for reviews in some cases (sorry!)
- Fixed a bug that in some cases prevented full editing due to locked scrolling (thanks, Keri!)
- Fixed a broken link to 'Gift This App'
- Fixed some language translation coding
WHAT'S NEW IN VERSION 12.2:
- COMPLETE DESIGN REVAMP FOR iOS 7 -- now cleaner & lighter!
- Switch between the original or new design themes in Settings, or, if you've got the Pro-features or Pro-full upgrade, pick or even create any design you wish!
- Made list category header opening & closing less sensitive for easier scrolling (thanks Nancy!)
- Easier to scroll list & other pages when editing too
- Fixed occasional crashing bug when editing list
- Fixed error with ordering when adding multiple items to a list (thanks Andrew!)
- Added an extra layer of backup protection
- Lots of other bug fixes & usability improvements
For Pro-Features & Pro-Full users:
- Check out 'New Suitcase' theme!
- Added a grayscale & cell gradient selector to Customized Design
- Improved contrast & legibility with themes & user designs
- Added a new sample list: 'Sample: business (female)'
- Added option to purchase 10 new sample lists (see In-app Upgrades on the Info page)
- Added option to purchase 12 new themes (*FREE* for owners of Shopping Pro!)
WHAT'S NEW IN VERSION 12.1:
- Lots of changes to support the new iOS 7 upgrade & design
- AirPrint now supported — print from app straight to printer!
- Print & email text formatting options for 1, 2 or 3 columns
- Print & email text formatting now more closely matches app's chosen layout (Pro feature)
- Auto-reminder if all list items are hidden due to filter settings
- Improved, more robust Smart Search (Pro feature)
- 3 new languages supported: Portuguese, Russian, Polish
WHAT'S NEW IN VERSION 12.0:
MAJOR UPDATE: TRUE MULTI-PERSON & MULTI-BAG LIST SUPPORT -- GREAT FOR FAMILY TRIPS!
- FILTER lists by BAG and/or PERSON (as well as by CHECKED/UNCHECKED)
- View item, weight & value SUBTOTALS by BAG and PERSON
- Email-export filtered lists (as text & files)
- EXPERT HELP tool update to support multi-person labeling & filtering (PRO feature)
- On iPad, PERSON, BAG & NUMBER icons & values now remain visible even while editing (PRO feature)
- Newly added list items (via Direct, Pick or Search) now are auto-set to the current sort settings for PERSON & BAG
OTHER GREAT ADDITIONS & FIXES:
- Email-export text list redesign
- Added option to minimize or hide category headers on a list
- Added option to disable the device's auto-lock
- Added more currencies, and ability to edit them as well
- Reduced app file size
- Fixed crashing bug when deleting last remaining section of a list
- Fixed occasional bug when adding multiple items to a list
- Fixed bug with moving/copying catalog items
- Fixed auto-save bugs on several pages
- Fixed occasional crashing bug when rotating iPad
WHAT'S NEW IN VERSION 11.3.1:
This is a quick bug fix for an issue with new in-app upgrade purchasing under 11.3. Everything's now working properly again with 11.3.1.
WHAT'S NEW IN VERSION 11.3:
LOTS of nice improvements in this update:
- Added MULTI-DELETE/COPY/MOVE/SET for Master Catalog, packing lists, people & bags
- Added a 'FAVORITES' category & functions for quick, simple list-making
- Added 'remaining items' BADGES to home screen lists, as well as app icon (optional)
- List notes are now optionally shown on the home screen
- Nicer deletion animations for packing list items & categories
- Extra Person & Bag icons added
- New iOS 6.0 Facebook & Twitter integration
- Fixed some bugs with duplicate list items & capitalizing/uncap. names
- Quicker, easier way to enter item values
- Disabled the annoying keyboard auto-popup on iPads when viewing item details
Also, for users with w/ Pro-features or Full in-app upgrade:
- 14 extra font choices added (Customized Design)
FYI, Packing Pro is honored to be one of the 10 travel app FINALISTS in the 2012 BEST APP EVER competition, and I would greatly appreciate your VOTE of support. Just tap the link on the Info page before Jan.31!
Also, FYI, I recently released a NEW APP called "Shopping Pro (Grocery List)" based on Packing Pro, but with lots of shopping-specific modifications. Check it out if you're interested (also via the Info page).
WHAT'S NEW IN VERSION 11.2:
- Optimized for iPhone 5's bigger screen & new iPad's Retina display
- Added new iOS 6.0 privacy safeguards
- Packing (basic) now gets a previously Pro-only function: full landscape support on iPhones & iPod touches for easier typing & viewing
- Added 'Delete All' options for each import/export type
Also, for users with w/ Pro-features or Full in-app upgrade:
- BIG NEW FEATURE: File/email import/export of catalog categories & entire Master Catalog
- BIG NEW FEATURE: Out-of-app editing of catalog data as CSV files in Numbers, Excel, GoogleDocs, etc.
WHAT'S NEW IN VERSION 11.1:
Lots of nice improvements with this big update, after the addition of iCLOUD AUTO-SYNC* last time. Editing & adding to lists & the catalog have been made much more intuitive, flexible & smooth. iCloud sync* has also been improved and thoroughly stress tested.
( * = only applies to Packing (+TO DO!) with Pro-features or Full in-app upgrade)
MORE FLEXIBLE MASTER CATALOG ORGANIZATION:
- New full support for both 2- and 3-level Master Catalog
AUTO-ADD TO MASTER CATALOG:
- New, directly entered list items now auto-added to Master Catalog
- Imported list items now also auto-added to Master Catalog
EASIER LIST MAKING:
- Configurable (+) Quick Add behavior (Direct Entry, Pick from Catalog, Search-assisted*)
- Smoother direct entry of sequential items on lists & Master Catalog with 'Next' button
- New direct entry item detail button
- New animations help better show new item additions
- Ability to add empty/placer categories to lists
- Easier to add duplicate items to lists for multi-person lists and/or separate checkmarks for each entry
- New, quick 'Delete All' button added to the restore deleted lists, categories & Master Catalog screens
- New, quicker 'Empty Trash' button added to the Settings screen (improves speed of app)
- Better real-time iCloud cooperation & auto-merging between devices*
- iCloud instability (reduced number of popup errors)*
- iCloud saving problems when app is restarted immediately after closing*
- Saving problems with iPads still running iOS 4.x
- Occasional crashes when trying to display several popovers
- Occasional crashes when email-importing lists into iPhone/iPod touch*
- Unable to move or copy Types into empty Categories
I'm sorry to say that this may be the last update for devices still running on iOS lower than 4.0 (original iPhone & iPod touch). Also, Apple is encouraging us to only support iOS 4.3 and above, so this may be the last update for the iPhone 3G and iPod touch 2G as well. If you have a newer device that is still updatable, I would strongly suggest updating to the most recent iOS, or keeping a backup of this .ipa file if you can't. I have always tried to support as many devices as possible for as long as I could, but technology marches forward.
WHAT'S NEW IN VERSION 11.0:
This is a MAJOR update for users with the Pro-level Features or Full in-app upgrade, as full iCloud support has been added (see more below). Other improvements for all Packing users include:
- better import/export error-catching
- added native Twitter support
- all template list dates now reset to '(TBD)'
Pro-level Feature update: Full iCloud Auto-sync Support!
Biggest improvement since adding full iPad support! Now, you can auto-sync all your lists, catalog content & settings between all your iOS devices with iCloud! Effortlessly keep all your devices up to date, and even share with others on the same iCloud account.
Now, you won't have to worry about confusing & complicated manual importing & exporting ever again! Just go to settings, turn it on, and try it out!
WHAT'S NEW IN VERSION 10.2:
This is most importantly a bug fix update, but I've also added a few nice improvements too.
- Packing list number pad reset fixed (Pro feature layout option)
- Occasional crash on iPads running iOS 3.2
- Occasional crash when renaming imported data on iPads
- Non-Latin letters & characters lost when exported data transferred via iCloud
- Semi-iCloud solution: transfer exported data between devices via the iCloud
- Easier to add categories/types/items to Master Catalog while making a list
- Imported lists no longer incorrectly displayed under Settings tab (on iPhone w/ Pro features)
- Fewer 'OK' taps needed for selections on several lists
- Several layout & design improvements & fewer popups
WHAT'S NEW IN VERSION 10.1:
- FLOATING CATEGORY HEADERS -- now much easier to understand & manage long packing lists!
- View & check-off items while editing
- Improved Smart Search*
- Extra Person & Bag icons (including backpack!)
- Added name, date & note to email lists
- Occasional crash when adding items via search*
- Inability to add new categories to existing lists
- Inability to carry over typed-in text to detail page
- Inability to import/export exceptionally large CSV lists*
- Occassional cross-category sorting crash
- Lots of minor fixes & improvements
* Pro-level feature
Thanks for your patience (and assistance) for me fixing these bugs, and for all your support with positive ratings, reviews & recommendations. Keep on Packing!
WHAT'S NEW IN VERSION 10.0:
MAJOR UPDATE with improved design & simplified list making!
- New app icon & improved design & graphics
- Streamlined Home page
- New Settings page
- Revised Info page
Easier to use:
- Easier & quicker to add items to packing lists
- New Quick Add & Quick Edit for packing list & catalog items
- Less paging back & forth, fewer pop-ups
- Graphics & dimmed text added to guide workflow & indicate options
- Toolbar removes itself when not needed
- Sneak peak at two Pro-level features: Expert List Maker & Customized Design
- iPad menu row selection highlights are now persistent
- Added categories now have correct icons on packing lists
- Various performance improvements
- Speed & stability improvements
- New default theme
- Improved Smart Search, with Quick Add
- CSV imports now less finicky
FYI, Import / Export & Customized Design are now located in Settings, and the Instructions page is now in Info.
WHAT'S NEW IN VERSION 9.2:
- MULTI-LANGUAGE SUPPORT added for Japanese and Chinese (both simplified & traditional)
- Several design, formatting & stability improvements
Pro extras (for users with in-app upgrade):
- BETTER CSV IMPORT / EXPORT SUPPORT for Excel, Numbers & GoogleDocs, expanded support for OpenOffice & Excel 11, and other related bug & formatting fixes
WHAT'S NEW IN VERSION 9.1:
- FULL MULTI-LANGUAGE SUPPORT: English, German, French, Italian & Spanish
- In-app GoogleTranslate support of app info & instructions for almost all languages
- No more unintended selection of items when trying to add or remove checkmarks
- Note icon no longer overlaps other text or objects
Pro extras (for users with in-app upgrade):
- CSV IMPORT / EXPORT: Now edit your lists on your computer with Excel, Numbers or GoogleDocs, or copy-and-paste your PC-based list into a blank template and load it into the app for mobile use
WHAT'S NEW IN VERSION 9.0:
** MAJOR UPDATE! Tons of improvements in design, usability, organization & function include:
(for packing lists):
- redesigned & augmented item detail page
- new person & bag info & color icons for items
- expanded notes for items & lists too
- new number pads for item detail & multi-item selection for even faster list generation
- helpful animation on packing list page
- easier to see & use buttons & checkboxes
(for Master Catalog):
- ability to edit all item details in Master Catalog
- new 'Clone a Category' feature
- ability to link list categories to different catalog categories
Pro extras (for Packing Pro and in-app enhanced Packing (+TO DO!):
- completely new design (see new theme!)
- extra layout options, including notes, item icons & number pads
- new color & texture combo options
- easy-to-use plus-minus number pads added throughout app
- shifting titles
- duplicate names, categories & items confusion
- occasional text overlapping
- occasional searching problems
Hope you like all the changes!
WHAT'S NEW IN VERSION 8.3:
Several important enhancements were made:
- integration with FACEBOOK & TWITTER
- support for in-app emailing
- improved text list email for print out
- additional list functions: Open All & Close All
- easier to comprehend lists, with dimmed names for packed items
- expansion & reorg of Create List & Import / Export screens
- fixed several bugs, including one with multi-item basket and similarly named items
- several design & usability improvements
- revised & improved in-app instructions
Also, for those of you with (or interested in) Pro-level Features or a full in-app upgrade, you can now SHARE PACKING LISTS with family, friends and fellow travelers via email or iTunes' File Sharing* -- all from within the app itself!
In case you're wondering, other Pro-level content & features available via in-app purchase include:
- huge (double-sized) Master Catalog (800+ items)
- superior layout & navigation
- twice as many built-in sample lists
- Expert list generation tool
- customized design
- Smart Search
- landscape orientation support
* Email list import & iTunes' File Sharing require iOS 4.0 or above.
WHAT'S NEW IN VERSION 8.2:
This is a quick update to fully enable multi-tasking on the iPad for iOS 4.2, as well as fix some 4.2-related bugs.
WHAT'S NEW IN VERSION 8.1:
Two great new benefits have been added with this version:
- SAFEGUARDS AGAINST DUPLICATE-ITEM ENTRY
prevents accidental duplicates when adding new items to a list
- MORE CONTROL OVER THE CATALOG
allows you to move & copy Types & Items within the Master Catalog
Besides these flexible & time-saving enhancements, several iPad-specific bugs were also fixed, and multi-tasking and low-memory stability was greatly improved. Enjoy!
WHAT'S NEW IN VERSION 8.0:
Packing has gone Universal! It now fully supports the iPad (as well as the iPhone and iPod touch). If you own an iPad, be sure to check it out! Just sync your device and start Packing!
Besides this major reengineering, other improvements were made across all devices, such as simplifying the home page wording, reducing popup confusion, and squashing several minor bugs, among others. As always, your 5-star ratings and support are important and appreciated!
WHAT'S NEW IN VERSION 7.2:
iOS 4.0 enhancements in this version include full multi-tasking support, fast app switching and hi-res graphics for the Retina Display. Several other graphics refinements and bug fixes were also made for all iOS devices.
WHAT'S NEW IN VERSION 7.1:
In-app upgrade options have finally been added. Now, you can cheaply and easily upgrade to a Packing Pro-level Master Catalog, Pro-level feature set, or the full Pro-level combo (catalog + features). The Pro-level catalog includes over 400 additional items, while the Pro-level feature set includes an Expert list-generation tool, design customization, easy tab bar navigation, more samples, Smart Search function and landscape orientation support for typing and viewing. (*minimum iPhone OS 3.0 required for in-app purchasing, search & landscape keyboard features)
Besides in-app upgrading, other Packing app-specific improvements include:
EASE OF USE:
- Easier to choose multi-select items (more responsive circle-buttons)
- Better wording & popup guidance for adding new items to packing lists and for in-app purchasing
- Now, 'Reorder List Categories' does just this, without any extra hassle or confusion
LOOK AND FEEL:
- No more overlapping of text and controls when editing
- Better overall layout and text resizing
- Items added to renamed categories will now be placed correctly
- Old categories with new icons will now show correctly in the packing list
- Word-wrap enabled for multi-item selection screens
- Several data-security & orphaned category fixes
- Other minor bugs
WHAT'S NEW IN VERSION 7.0:
MAJOR UPDATE! Now it's a virtually brand new app, but with version 7.0 features and stability! I've given Packing a MAJOR FACELIFT, with new artwork, layout and icons. I've also reorganized and simplified the home and info pages, and improved the general look and work-flow of the entire app. Come see what you're missing!
WHAT'S NEW IN VERSION 6.2:
This update adds number badges to the multi-item/group selection screens (for users of iPhone OS 3.0 and above), as well as a friendly multi-item basket cancelation confirmation check. Also, accidental scrolling has been eliminated on all screens that don't need to scroll.
WHAT'S NEW IN VERSION 6.1:
Several minor modifications were made to improve both the user experience and the overall stability of the app:
- Re-enabled the name editing markers on several pages
- Updated instructions
- Improved titles, layout & editing animation of several pages
- Fixed several minor bugs
WHAT'S NEW IN VERSION 6.0:
This week marks the 1st anniversary of the launch of Packing (version 1.0). My! We've come a long way! FYI, during this period, I also developed a more professional version of Packing called 'Packing Pro'. It features twice as many sample lists, an Expert customized list generation tool, a 25% larger Master Catalog, and a fully customizable user interface (colors, layout, fonts and themes). If you're interested, check it out today!
As for Packing, here are the updates made for version 6.0:
- an easier, error-free way of entering optional weight and value info for each packed item has been developed.
- subunits have been added to the weight attribute of each item. Now, you can more accurately keep track of your luggage's total weight, down to the exact gram or ounce.
- more currency types have been added to help keep track of the total value of your packed items.
Your 5-star iTunes ratings and reviews help keep the updates coming! Thanks for your support.
WHAT'S NEW IN VERSION 5.9:
Lots of behind-the-scenes work was done for this update to improve the smooth and stable operation of the app:
- fixed bug with deleting packing list categories
- fixed bug with deleting exported content
- fixed bug with swipe to delete
- optimized app-wide code for better stability
- Email and website link added to in-app Help page
WHAT'S NEW IN VERSION 5.8:
The table presentations on several screens have been improved.
WHAT'S NEW IN VERSION 5.7:
Several cosmetic improvements were made to improve the app's look and feel.
WHAT'S NEW IN VERSION 5.6:
I have added content to and improved the look and feel of the new Help section. Please email me if you can't find answers to your questions there, or if you have any other comments or suggestions. If you like how this app is constantly being improved, feel free to say so in a (nice) review on the App Store. Keep on Packing!
WHAT'S NEW IN VERSION 5.5:
I have just added an extensive Help area within the app. Just go to the 'info' page (tap the 'i' on the home page) and press the 'Help' button there. These same instructions and FAQ are also located on the 'Support' page of my website: http://www.quinnscape.com/support
WHAT'S NEW IN VERSION 5.4:
Lots of helpful improvements were made with this update:
- swipe to delete now enabled
- pop-up warnings less bothersome
- Types and Items labeled better
- navigation bug fixed
WHAT'S NEW IN VERSION 5.3:
This major update finally supports a feature that a lot of you have been waiting for: MULTI-ITEM ENTRY! Now, you can create or add to a packing list several times faster than before. Add whole categories or types with just a tap. Try it out for yourself!
WHAT'S NEW IN VERSION 5.2:
With this update, you can now view the entire version update history for Packing. Just tap on 'View Updates' in the info screen. It's a great way to see how far we've come since version 1.0!
WHAT'S NEW IN VERSION 5.1:
This update now allows you to restore previously replaced Master Catalogs, or even restore the Master Catalog to its original, default content. You are also now able to permanently delete any packing lists, catalog categories, or replaced Master Catalogs from the 'restore deleted...' and 'restore Master Catalog' pages.
WHAT'S NEW IN VERSION 5.0:
This major upgrade enhances the power of the recently added Import / Export function. Besides in-app copying & out-of-app backup, you can now also do the following:
- copy packing lists & list categories between apps (from Packing to Packing Pro, or vice versa)
- copy catalog categories, or the whole Master Catalog, between Packing & Packing Pro
- copy any of the above between different iPhones / iPod Touches (*with the help of one of several available free, 3rd-party apps)
As you can see, it's easy now to upgrade from Packing to Packing Pro, since you can transfer all of your hard-input data with just a few simple taps. This feature is also useful for sharing lists between members of a family or traveling group, or sharing translated content as well. The iLove Travel Packing family has just gotten a lot more connected!
WHAT'S NEW IN VERSION 4.5:
A new, powerful Import / Export function has been added. With it, you can now do the following:
- copy packing list categories from one packing list to another
- quickly build a modular list from scratch
- backup your lists and catalogs outside of the actual app
WHAT'S NEW IN VERSION 4.4:
The packing list SORT function has been expanded to now include:
- Sort by User
- Sort by Type
- Sort by Item
Feel free to sort by one of the above, while showing items that are packed, unpacked, or both.
WHAT'S NEW IN VERSION 4.3:
- added a SORT function for packed and unpacked items on the popup toolbar on the packing list page
- made the checkmark sound a bit quieter
- increased the size of the "Add new xxx" text on the packing list page
WHAT'S NEW IN VERSION 4.2:
A TOTALS function for the weight and value of packing list items has been added to the toolbar on the packing list page. The weight totals can be very useful for campers, hikers and mountaineers, and equally important for reducing the risk of over-weight and excess baggage charges for frequent fliers. The value totals can be helpful in assessing your losses due to possible lost or stolen luggage.
WHAT'S NEW IN VERSION 4.1:
Optional WEIGHT and VALUE attributes have been added to each item on a packing list to provide you with the flexibility and power to keep even better records on all of your packed items. Also added is a one-time "Version x.x Update" popup, which highlights enhancements made after each new, subsequent update.
WHAT'S NEW IN VERSION 4.0:
This major update has added a pre-trip TO DO list to help you with travel planning as well as packing. Here are the details of this and other improvements made in this update:
- Added a new pre-departure TO DO category, with over 100 listed items
- Added TO DO items onto all of the Sample Lists
- TO DO category items are totally customizable, just like the rest of the Master Catalog. Feel free to add, delete, rename or reorder whatever you want!
- Enabled the title and table text on the packing list page to word wrap to a second line, if necessary, for better readability
- Fixed some minor bugs to improve speed and stability
- Corrected minor alignment problem at bottom of packing list page
Now, Packing is no longer limited to just packing, but pre-travel planning and preparation as well. Enjoy!
WHAT'S NEW IN VERSION 3.8:
I've made two enhancements to help save precious screen real estate and hide items and functions that might not be used very often. Specifically, I have:
- hidden the Packing List page's tool bar. You can reveal and re-hide it by tapping the gear button on the top of the page (where the email button used to be).
- compressed the four lines of sample lists on the Template page to one, drill-down entry
Now, you can more easily concentrate on what's important to you, while still having options to do more whenever you want.
WHAT'S NEW IN VERSION 3.7:
Now, you have the option to add a departure date to the name of each of your saved packing lists for better understanding, organization and management.
WHAT'S NEW IN VERSION 3.6.2:
For this update, I've improved the user experience in several ways to make the overall app easier, faster, and more logical to use. Here are some of the changes:
no longer necessary to tap "Start" when you start the app
input forms now auto-capitalize the first letter for new or completely renamed packing lists or categories
no need to retype old list names, categories, types or items when editing them
new 'clear' button added to all input fields
app now responds to tapping either '+' or 'add new ...' when editing packing lists
more popup guides to help with filling out text fields
These changes should help to make your packing experience even more enjoyable. Keep on packing!
WHAT'S NEW IN VERSION 3.6.1:
This is more of a current feature correction and refinement update than a new feature update. In version 3.6, I introduced functions to Check All and Uncheck All items on a packing list. Now, I have also provided a pop-up confirmation for both actions, just in case of a misplaced tap. I have also now fixed the list so that the last item won't be hidden under the Un/Check All tool bar. I hope these oversights I made with version 3.6 haven't caused you any difficulties. Thanks goes to Rajnish for pointing these problems out to me.
WHAT'S NEW IN VERSION 3.6:
one-touch, "Check All" and "Uncheck All" buttons added to Packing List page
Now you can instantly complete a packing list or reset an old one for reuse!
WHAT'S NEW IN VERSION 3.5:
ability to recover previously deleted Master Catalog Categories
ability to recover previously deleted packing lists (back to version 3.4)
WHAT'S NEW IN VERSION 3.4:
Now, EVERYTHING in your packing list is editable and customizable, including the sequence of the top-level categories. In addition, the titles and popup warnings have been revised to help guide you in your editing of your packing lists and the Master Catalog.
WHAT'S NEW IN VERSION 3.3:
More major updates have just been made. Now, you can completely control every level of the Master Catalog (rename, reorder, delete and insert all Categories, Types and Items). You can do this directly (from the front page list) or indirectly while you're creating or editing your packing lists. You can also rename, delete and insert top-level Categories (and Types and Items) on your packing lists. To help further save your time, each list now also has a memory of which Categories have been expanded or collapsed, eliminating the need to do this manually each time. Lastly, the new list from scratch has been redone. Now, it truly is from scratch. These changes now make this app even more customizable, powerful and easy to use. I hope you appreciate the updates, and happy packing!
WHAT'S NEW IN VERSION 3.1 and 3.2:
Packing list names are now editable. Also fixed minor bugs and misspellings.
WHAT'S NEW IN VERSION 3.0:
Here's another major update. Besides some new graphics to brighten things up a bit, I've added some important new functions:
- ability to expand and compress lists of items for each major category on your packing list(s) (this means less scrolling)
- added a running tally of total items per category, as well as how many of them are checked off (prepared already), for easy reference
- ability to edit the names of Types and Items on the Master Catalog (both user-created and pre-existing)
WHAT'S NEW IN VERSION 2.0:
Major changes have been made to increase your freedom and security:
- ability to customize the master catalog by permanently reordering, deleting or adding any of the Types or Items
- ability to reorganize items both within and between categories
- frequent auto-saves now better protect your work
WHAT'S NEW IN VERSION 1.1:
Due to popular demand, I have added an option to export your packing lists to email. Just click on the envelope at the top of the page of your target packing list. Other enhancements include:
- larger font in the text inputting fields
- extra space for large item numbers (up to x999,999)
- more user-friendly checkboxes, with audio feedback and larger touch-sensitive areas for easier checking