WHAT'S NEW IN VERSION 13.0:
This big summer update contains a bunch of nice new features:
- Option to auto-sort lists by date (opt-in on Settings page)
- Ability to copy/move items between lists
- Option to mark your catalog types with icons or emojis (more emojis!)
- Fixed a few bugs and design issues
Thanks for all your feedback & support. Your positive ratings, reviews & recommendations enable me to continue to support & improve this app. Stay tuned for more!
WHAT'S NEW IN VERSION 12.4:
Have a very EMOJI Christmas with Packing Pro! Now, you can choose any standard emoji in place of an icon for categories, people and bags to add some extra color & personality to your lists. Other fixes and enhancements include:
- Greatly improved Active Filter reminder, with new reset/clear button
- Optimized layout for iPhone X
- Fixed a nasty bug that in some cases would crash the app when searching or adding items to a list (thanks, Karen!)
- Improved formatting of instructions & news in non-English languages
- Fixed bug that displayed long text strings incredibly small
- Fixed an iOS 11.2 issue with invisible text in search bar (thanks, Judy, Isaac & Steve!)
WHAT'S NEW IN VERSION 12.3.1:
This 12.3.1 mini-update fixes a layout bug on iPad Pro 10.5". The bigger 12.3 update fixes a few other iOS 10 and iOS 11 related issues:
- Fixed occasional crash when adding new items to a list
- Fixed occasional crash when using 'Quick Add / Search'
- Fixed hidden 'Master Catalog' search option layout issue
- Now, using iOS 11, search bars remain visible at top of page even when scrolling
- Made layout changes to support iPhone X
WHAT'S NEW IN VERSION 12.3:
This update fixes a few iOS 10 and iOS 11 related issues:
- Fixed occasional crash when adding new items to a list
- Fixed occasional crash when using 'Quick Add / Search'
- Fixed hidden 'Master Catalog' search option layout issue
- Now, using iOS 11, search bars remain visible at top of page even when scrolling
- Made layout changes to support iPhone X
WHAT'S NEW IN VERSION 12.2:
This update adds lots of nice, powerful, flexible features for content management:
- Individual LIST CATEGORIES can now be IMPORTED & EXPORTED via email, AirDrop, iTunes, Dropbox, Box & iCloud Drive
- Great for creating modular lists
- Now there's an option to MERGE matching imported content, such as lists, list categories, catalog categories & Master Catalog
- Filterable attributes (person, bag, need-to-buy) of merged list items can be auto-set or reset en masse, if desired
- New methods to import & export CSV-format content
- Fixed several iOS 10 bugs
WHAT'S NEW IN VERSION 12.1:
This update expands on a few existing features:
- Now able to multi-select & SET item attributes in whole types & categories in Master Catalog
- List & Catalog SEARCH now also looks for matches in item NOTES
- Now able to UN-SET the current list
- Fixed several iOS 10 bugs
WHAT'S NEW IN VERSION 12.0:
This major update (on the heels of Packing Pro's 7th anniversary) includes a big overhaul of the app's backend coding — over 20,000 lines have been updated or rewritten. Support has been dropped for iOS 6 & 7, but devices on iOS 8 & 9 now function much more smoothly. Once again, as always, this is a totally free update.
HUGE changes that improve editing & list-making organization & efficiency:
- You can now SMART SEARCH / QUICK ADD on all Master Catalog pages
- List page search is also improved - plus, it's come out of hiding!
- SORT option added to each level of the Master Catalog
- New function to capitalize or uncapitalize Master Catalog types & items
- Extra options for 'Add List to List' function
Other nice design & user experience improvements & bug fixes:
- Tap page title to quickly scroll back to top, and to SEARCH on list & catalog pages
- Save multi-line notes for lists & items
- More robust iCloud Drive auto-syncing
- Smoother rotations & animations
- Fixed some long-standing layout & transition issues
- Added extra space for editing on iPhones
- Added extra assistance for app badge settings
- Fixed a badge bug that sometimes showed a number of remaining items, even when list was empty (thanks Johann!)
- Fixed bug that ignored 'Disable Auto-lock' setting on later re-launch
- Fixed some web-connection bugs
Since so many things were changed with this update, if you encounter any bugs, please let me know (and be patient & understanding).
WHAT'S NEW IN VERSION 11.2:
- New function: Add List to List — great for adding mini-lists like 'carry-on', 'camping equipment', 'baby supplies', etc.
- Full-display support for iPad Pro
- Added social media support for Sina Weibo & Tencent Weibo
- Various layout & bug fixes
- Added a Tip Jar
WHAT'S NEW IN VERSION 11.1:
Lots of additions & improvements in this major update.
Building on the last update:
- Added ability to SORT by PRIORITY and FILTER by NEED TO BUY (to create a trip-specific shopping list)
- Partial, filtered lists can also be exported & printed as they are
- Added ability to MULTI-SELECT and SET values of PRIORITY and NEED TO BUY for several items at once
Here's something I've wanted to add for a long time:
- LIST CATEGORY MULTI-SELECT — speeds up & simplifies list editing
- Fixed issue with adding items to empty list categories
- Fixed Chinese translation issue for users around the world
- Fixed general translation issues with content on Info page
- Made improvements to Voice Over accessibility support
FYI, this may be my last version to support iOS 6 and 7, so please upgrade all your devices to the latest iOS, if you're able. Also, if you're using iCloud auto-sync on iOS 8 or 9, please upgrade ALL of your devices to iCloud Drive (in case you haven't done so already).
WHAT'S NEW IN VERSION 11.0:
LOTS of enhancements in this MAJOR update:
- Data transfer (NEW): Added new options for WIRELESS SHARING via AirDrop, Dropbox, Box & iCloud Drive (min iOS 8+)
- List items (NEW): Added PRIORITY and NEED TO BUY attributes, with icon & checkbox indications on list page
- List (NEW): Added layout option to DISPLAY & PREVIEW ITEM IMAGES directly on list page
- List totals (NEW): Added totals & subtotals for currently packed items, as well as for complete list
- Design tweaks: Improved readability in popup toolbars & other minor adjustments
- List dates (NEW): Added buttons to reset dates back to '(TBD)'
- List dates (FIX): Now you can set any Departure Date (future or past) that you wish, though the app will still auto-correct the Return Date to be that same date, at the earliest. Alert dates will continue to auto-correct for NOW (+1 hour), at the earliest.
- CSV - Improvement & expansion of CSV file import, export & editing, while maintaining backward compatibility
- iCloud auto-sync - Improvements when concurrently using two or more devices, though I would still recommend not editing on more than one device at a time
- Bug (FIX): Backpack-stroller icon flip-flop (how did that happen?!). You may need to double-check and re-edit this, if one of these were used.
WHAT'S NEW IN VERSION 10.2:
- Added 'Management' section to Settings for Alerts, Photos, People & Bags
- Fixed alert/notification & badge bug in iOS 8
- Added extra icons for People, Bags & Categories (thanks for all the suggestions!)
- Added easier access to app permissions in Settings
- Added full support for 64-bit iOS devices
- Improved support for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Improved iCloud auto-sync, though it's still recommended NOT to EDIT content on more than one device at the same time (viewing is OK)
WHAT'S NEW IN VERSION 10.1:
Hope everyone loved the new list-item photo & alert enhancements in the last update. This one is all about iOS 8 and the two new iPhones. I've optimized the layout to take advantage of all the extra screen space on the iPhone 6 & iPhone 6 Plus. In addition, I've:
- Fixed a sticky-scrolling bug on several pages
- Fixed a swipe-to-delete bug on the packing list page
- Tweaked various functions to work well with iOS 6, 7 and 8
- Made improvements to iCloud auto-sync's stability & error-catching abilities
- Made my Shopping Pro app available via Apple's new 'Complete your Bundle' promo for only an extra $0.99 (vs full price of $2.99)
I'm very sorry if these bugs caused you any frustration, and thanks for pointing them out to me.
For the next update, do you have any suggestions for extra icons for categories, people or bags you'd like to see, or any other enhancements? Feel free to email me some ideas!
WHAT'S NEW IN VERSION 10.0:
In celebration of Packing Pro's 5th anniversary, here's a MAJOR UPDATE with two new features that I (and many of you) have wanted to add for a long time. They've made the app twice as useful (or 1000x!):
- **NEW** ADD IMAGES
TO YOUR ITEMS! A picture is worth 1000 words!
- **NEW** ADD ALERTS
TO YOUR LISTS, ITEMS & TO-DO TASKS!
And both work well with iCloud!
Data protection & backup improvements:
- Added a convenient '1-tap backup to email' function w/ reminders
- Fixed a bug affecting non-backed up data & device restoring
- Added extra backup protection & recovery coding
- Reduced size of data files to save space & speed up launch times & iCloud syncing
Other additions & fixes:
- Added reminders for missed alerts
- Added note & image icons to Master Catalog items, and image & alert icons to list items
- Now, reorder all your list categories in one go
- Fixed a bug affecting adding new people or bags (thanks, Pierre!)
- Fixed a rare bug involving old themes & crashing
- Fixed a rare start-up crashing bug
- Fixed a bug that kept asking for reviews in some cases (sorry!)
- Fixed a bug that in some cases prevented full editing due to locked scrolling (thanks, Keri!)
- Fixed a broken link to 'Gift This App'
- Fixed some language translation coding
WHAT'S NEW IN VERSION 9.2:
NEW & IMPROVED:
- COMPLETE DESIGN REVAMP FOR iOS 7 -- now cleaner & lighter! Check out 'New Suitcase' theme!
- Added a grayscale & cell gradient selector to Customized Design
- Improved contrast & legibility with themes & user designs
- Added a new sample list: 'Sample: business (female)'
- Added an extra layer of backup protection
- Added option to purchase 10 new sample lists (see In-app Upgrades on the Info page)
- Added option to purchase 12 new themes (*FREE* for owners of Shopping Pro!)
- Made list category header opening & closing less sensitive for easier scrolling (thanks Nancy!)
- Easier to scroll list & other pages when editing too
- Fixed occasional crashing bug when editing list
- Fixed error with ordering when adding multiple items to a list (thanks Andrew!)
- Lots of other bug fixes & usability improvements
WHAT'S NEW IN VERSION 9.1:
- Lots of changes to support the new iOS 7 upgrade & design
- AirPrint now supported — print from app straight to printer!
- Print & email text formatting options for 1, 2 or 3 columns
- Print & email text formatting now more closely matches app's chosen layout
- Auto-reminder if all list items are hidden due to filter settings
- Improved, more robust Smart Search
- 3 new languages supported: Portuguese, Russian, Polish
WHAT'S NEW IN VERSION 9.0:
MAJOR UPDATE: TRUE MULTI-PERSON & MULTI-BAG LIST SUPPORT -- GREAT FOR FAMILY TRIPS!
- FILTER lists by BAG and/or PERSON (as well as by CHECKED/UNCHECKED)
- View item, weight & value SUBTOTALS by BAG and PERSON
- Email-export filtered lists (as text & files)
- EXPERT HELP tool update to support multi-person labeling & filtering
- On iPad, PERSON, BAG & NUMBER icons & values now remain visible even while editing
- Newly added list items (via Direct, Pick or Search) now are auto-set to the current sort settings for PERSON & BAG
OTHER GREAT ADDITIONS & FIXES:
- Email-export text list redesign
- Added option to minimize or hide category headers on a list
- Added option to disable the device's auto-lock
- Added more currencies, and ability to edit them as well
- Cut app file size in half
- Fixed crashing bug when deleting last remaining section of a list
- Fixed occasional bug when adding multiple items to a list
- Fixed bug with moving/copying catalog items
- Fixed auto-save bugs on several pages
- Fixed occasional crashing bug when rotating iPad
WHAT'S NEW IN VERSION 8.3:
LOTS of nice improvements in this update:
- Added MULTI-DELETE/COPY/MOVE/SET for Master Catalog, packing lists, people & bags
- Added a 'FAVORITES' category & functions for quick, simple list-making
- Added 'remaining items' BADGES to home screen lists, as well as app icon (optional)
- List notes are now optionally shown on the home screen
- Nicer deletion animations for packing list items & categories
- Extra Person & Bag icons added
- 14 extra font choices added (Customized Design)
- New iOS 6.0 Facebook & Twitter integration
- Fixed some bugs with duplicate list items & capitalizing/uncap. names
- Quicker, easier way to enter item values
- Disabled the annoying keyboard auto-popup on iPads when viewing item details
FYI, Packing Pro is honored to be one of the 10 travel app FINALISTS in the 2012 BEST APP EVER competition, and I would greatly appreciate your VOTE of support. Just tap the link on the Info page before Jan.31!
Also, FYI, I recently released a NEW APP called "Shopping Pro (Grocery List)" based on Packing Pro, but with lots of shopping-specific modifications. Check it out if you're interested (also via the Info page).
Thanks too for all your feedback & support. Your positive ratings & reviews have enabled me to continue to support & improve this app. Stay tuned for more!
WHAT'S NEW IN VERSION 8.2:
- Optimized for iPhone 5's bigger screen & new iPad's Retina display
- Added new iOS 6.0 privacy safeguards
- BIG NEW FEATURE: File/email import/export of catalog categories & entire Master Catalog
- BIG NEW FEATURE: Out-of-app editing of catalog data as CSV files in Numbers, Excel, GoogleDocs, etc.
- Added 'Delete All' options for each import/export type
Thanks too for all your feedback & support. Your positive ratings & reviews have enabled me to continue to support & improve this app.
WHAT'S NEW IN VERSION 8.1:
Lots of nice improvements with this big update, after the addition of iCLOUD AUTO-SYNC last time. Editing & adding to lists & the catalog have been made much more intuitive, flexible & smooth. iCloud sync has also been improved and thoroughly stress tested.
MORE FLEXIBLE MASTER CATALOG ORGANIZATION:
- New full support for both 2- and 3-level Master Catalog
AUTO-ADD TO MASTER CATALOG:
- New, directly entered list items now auto-added to Master Catalog
- Imported list items now also auto-added to Master Catalog
EASIER LIST MAKING:
- Configurable (+) Quick Add behavior (Direct Entry, Pick from Catalog, Search-assisted)
- Smoother direct entry of sequential items on lists & Master Catalog with 'Next' button
- New direct entry item detail button
- New animations help better show new item additions
- Ability to add empty/placer categories to lists
- Easier to add duplicate items to lists for multi-person lists and/or separate checkmarks for each entry
- New, quick 'Delete All' button added to the restore deleted lists, categories & Master Catalog screens
- New, quicker 'Empty Trash' button added to the Settings screen (improves speed of app)
- Better real-time iCloud cooperation & auto-merging between devices
- iCloud instability (reduced number of popup errors)
- iCloud saving problems when app is restarted immediately after closing
- Saving problems with iPads still running iOS 4.x
- Occasional crashes when trying to display several popovers
- Occasional crashes when email-importing lists into iPhone/iPod touch
- Unable to move or copy Types into empty Categories
I'm sorry to say that this may be the last update for devices still running on iOS lower than 4.0 (original iPhone & iPod touch). Also, Apple is encouraging us to only support iOS 4.3 and above, so this may be the last update for the iPhone 3G and iPod touch 2G as well. If you have a newer device that is still updatable, I would strongly suggest updating to the most recent iOS, or keeping a backup of this .ipa file if you can't. I have always tried to support as many devices as possible for as long as I could, but technology marches forward.
WHAT'S NEW IN VERSION 8.0:
MAJOR UPDATE: Full iCloud Auto-sync Support! Biggest improvement since adding full iPad support! Now, you can auto-sync all your lists, catalog content & settings between all your iOS devices with iCloud! Effortlessly keep all your devices up to date, and even share with others on the same iCloud account.
Now, you won't have to worry about confusing & complicated manual importing & exporting ever again! Just go to settings, turn it on, and try it out!
WHAT'S NEW IN VERSION 7.2:
This is most importantly a bug fix update, but I've also added a few nice improvements too.
- Packing list number pad reset fixed
- Occasional crash on iPads running iOS 3.2
- Occasional crash when renaming imported data on iPads
- Non-Latin letters & characters lost when exported data transferred via iCloud
- Semi-iCloud solution: transfer exported data between devices via the iCloud
- Easier to add categories/types/items to Master Catalog while making a list
- Imported lists no longer incorrectly displayed under Settings tab (on iPhone/iPod touch)
- Fewer 'OK' taps needed for selections on several lists
- Several layout & design improvements & fewer popups
WHAT'S NEW IN VERSION 7.1:
- FLOATING CATEGORY HEADERS -- now much easier to understand & manage long packing lists!
- View & check-off items while editing
- Improved Smart Search
- Extra Person & Bag icons (including backpack!)
- Added name, date & note to email lists
- Occasional crash when adding items via search
- Inability to add new categories to existing lists
- Inability to carry over typed-in text to detail page
- Inability to import/export exceptionally large CSV lists
- Occassional cross-category sorting crash
- Lots of minor fixes & improvements
Thanks for your patience (and assistance) for me fixing these bugs, and for all your support with positive ratings, reviews & recommendations. Keep on Packing!
WHAT'S NEW IN VERSION 7.0:
MAJOR UPDATE with new design & simplified list making!
- New default theme, app icon & graphics
- Streamlined Home page
- New Settings page
- Revised Info page
Easier to use:
- Easier & quicker to add items to packing lists
- New Quick Add & Quick Edit for packing list & catalog items
- Improved Smart Search, with Quick Add
- Less paging back & forth, fewer pop-ups
- Graphics & dimmed text added to guide workflow & indicate options
- Toolbar removes itself when not needed
- iPad menu row selection highlights are now persistent
- Added categories now have correct icons on packing lists
- CSV imports now less finicky
- Various performance improvements
- Speed & stability improvements
FYI, Import / Export & Customized Design are now located in Settings, and the Instructions page is now in Info.
WHAT'S NEW IN VERSION 6.2:
- MULTI-LANGUAGE SUPPORT added for Japanese and Chinese (both simplified & traditional)
- BETTER CSV IMPORT / EXPORT SUPPORT for Excel, Numbers & GoogleDocs, expanded support for OpenOffice & Excel 11, and other related bug & formatting fixes
- Several design, formatting & stability improvements
WHAT'S NEW IN VERSION 6.1:
- CSV IMPORT / EXPORT: Now edit your lists on your computer with Excel, Numbers or GoogleDocs, or copy-and-paste your PC-based list into a blank template and load it into the app for mobile use
- FULL MULTI-LANGUAGE SUPPORT: English, German, French, Italian & Spanish
- In-app GoogleTranslate support of app info & instructions for almost all languages
- No more unintended selection of items when trying to add or remove checkmarks
- Note icon no longer overlaps other text or objects
- Fixed occasional crash when importing lists on iPad
WHAT'S NEW IN VERSION 6.0.1:
(Quick Bug Fix) This should fix a bug that occasionally crashes the packing list page. I'd like to thank Patrick & Louise for helping me fix this so quickly.
WHAT'S NEW IN VERSION 6.0:
** MAJOR UPDATE & FACELIFT!**
More professional design & interaction improvements help make packing even more fun! Other exciting enhancements include:
(for packing lists):
- redesigned & augmented item detail page
- new person & bag info & color icons for items
- expanded notes for items & lists too
- new number pads for item detail & multi-item selection for even faster list generation
- helpful animation on packing list page
- easier to see & use buttons & checkboxes
(for Master Catalog):
- ability to edit all item details in Master Catalog
- new 'Clone a Category' feature
- ability to link list categories to different catalog categories
Pro extras (for Packing Pro and in-app enhanced Packing (+TO DO!):
- completely new design (see new theme!)
- extra layout options, including notes, item icons & number pads
- new color & texture combo options
- easy-to-use plus-minus number pads added throughout app
- shifting titles
- duplicate names, categories & items confusion
- occasional text overlapping
- occasional searching problems
Hope you like all the changes!
WHAT'S NEW IN VERSION 5.3:
** MAJOR UPDATE with lots of new FILE SHARING and SOCIAL NETWORK INTEGRATION enhancements **
Now you can SHARE PACKING LISTS with family, friends and fellow travelers via email or iTunes' File Sharing*. You can also ask for advice, offer tips & share accomplishments via email, FACEBOOK or TWITTER -- all from within the app itself!
Other nice enhancements:
- support for in-app emailing
- improved text list email for print out
- additional list functions: Open All & Close All
- easier to comprehend lists, with dimmed names for packed items
- expansion & reorg of Create List & Import / Export screens
- fixed several bugs, including one with multi-item basket and similarly named items
- several design & usability improvements
- revised & improved in-app instructions
* Email list import & iTunes' File Sharing require iOS 4.0 or above.
WHAT'S NEW IN VERSION 5.2:
This is a quick update to fully enable multi-tasking on the iPad for iOS 4.2, as well as fix some 4.2-related bugs.
WHAT'S NEW IN VERSION 5.1:
Two great new benefits have been added with this version:
- SAFEGUARDS AGAINST DUPLICATE-ITEM ENTRY
prevents accidental duplicates when adding new items to a list
- MORE CONTROL OVER THE CATALOG
allows you to move & copy Types & Items within the Master Catalog
Besides these flexible & time-saving enhancements, several iPad-specific bugs were also fixed, and multi-tasking and low-memory stability was greatly improved. Enjoy!
WHAT'S NEW IN VERSION 5.0:
Packing Pro has gone Universal! It now fully supports the iPad (as well as the iPhone & iPod touch). If you own an iPad, and have previously purchased Packing Pro, be sure to check it out! Just sync your device and start Packing!
Besides this major reengineering, other improvements were made across all devices, such as simplifying the home page wording, reducing popup confusion, adding preview-before-save for Design, and squashing several minor bugs, among others.
WHAT'S NEW IN VERSION 4.2:
iOS 4.0 enhancements in this version include full multi-tasking support, fast app switching and hi-res graphics for the Retina Display. Several other graphics refinements and bug fixes were also made for all iOS devices.
WHAT'S NEW IN VERSION 4.1:
This essential update helps make list creation even easier, with 60% MORE ITEMS to choose from, SMART SEARCH to find them faster, and LANDSCAPE ORIENTATION support for more comfortable typing. Now, packing really is a breeze with Packing Pro! See below for more on this and many other usage and design improvements included in this update.
- 60% BIGGER CATALOG - now, with over 800 items, including 5 brand new task-oriented & family-friendly categories: To Do (mid-trip), To Do (post-trip), Babies, Kids & Pets
- SMART SEARCH - for items, types & categories in packing lists & master catalog
- LANDSCAPE ORIENTATION SUPPORT - for better viewing & easier typing
- Improved Expert list generation tool (better family-oriented listing & categories)
(*minimum iPhone OS 3.0 required for search & landscape keyboard features)
EASE OF USE:
- Easier to choose multi-select items (more responsive circle-buttons)
- Better wording & popup guidance for adding new items to packing lists
- Now, 'Reorder List Categories' does just this, without any extra hassle or confusion
- Visual indication of customization selections
LOOK AND FEEL:
- Much better color matching for home page & category icons, category names, checkboxes, multi-select circles, and Expert option buttons
- No more overlapping of text and controls when editing
- Better overall layout and text resizing
- Items added to renamed categories will now be placed correctly
- Old categories with new icons will now show correctly in the packing list
- Word-wrap enabled for multi-item selection screens
- Several data-security & orphaned category fixes
- Other minor bugs
WHAT'S NEW IN VERSION 4.0:
MAJOR UPDATE! Now it's a virtually brand new app, but with version 4.0 features and stability! I've given Packing Pro a MAJOR FACELIFT, with new artwork, layout and icons. I've also reorganized and simplified the home and info pages, and improved the general look and work-flow of the entire app. Come see what you're missing!
WHAT'S NEW IN VERSION 3.2:
This update adds number badges to the multi-item/group selection screens (for users of iPhone OS 3.0 and above), as well as a friendly multi-item basket cancelation confirmation check. Also, accidental scrolling has been eliminated on all screens that don't need to scroll.
WHAT'S NEW IN VERSION 3.1:
- Added Help link to bottom tab bar for easier access
- Enabled all 7 customization themes (plus Default and User Defined)
- Re-enabled the name editing markers on several pages
- Updated instructions
- Improved titles, layout & editing animation of several pages
- Fixed several minor bugs
WHAT'S NEW IN VERSION 3.0:
- an easier, error-free way of entering optional weight and value info for each packed item has been developed.
- subunits have been added to the weight attribute of each item. Now, you can more accurately keep track of your luggage's total weight, down to the exact gram or ounce.
- more currency types have been added to help keep track of the total value of your packed items.
WHAT'S NEW IN VERSION 2.9:
Lots of behind-the-scenes work was done for this update to improve the smooth and stable operation of the app:
- fixed bug with deleting packing list categories
- fixed bug with deleting exported content
- fixed bug with swipe to delete
- optimized app-wide code for better stability
- Email and website link added to in-app Help page
WHAT'S NEW IN VERSION 2.8:
Two new Themes have been added (Romance and Ocean Cruise), and the font and table presentations on several screens have been improved.
WHAT'S NEW IN VERSION 2.7:
Several new, fun customization options have been added with this version:
- 2 new themes: Beach Paradise & Serious Business
- 4 new fonts: American Typewriter, Marker Felt, Trebuchet & Zapfino
Now have even more fun with this app! Happy Packing!
WHAT'S NEW IN VERSION 2.6:
Design customization has just become a lot easier! Now, you can use 'Themes' to easily spice up your packing experience with a single touch by choosing one of several pre-configured sets of pleasing color, font and layout combinations. Pick one to match your next trip, or further customize any to fit your our personality.
I have also added content to and improved the look and feel of the new Help section. Please email me if you can't find answers to your questions there, or if you have any other comments or suggestions. If you like how this app is constantly being improved, feel free to say so in a (nice) review on the App Store. Keep on Packing!
WHAT'S NEW IN VERSION 2.5:
I have just added an extensive Help area within the app. Just go to the 'info' page (tap the 'i' on the home page) and press the 'Help' button there. These same instructions and FAQ are also located on the 'Support' page of my website: http://www.quinnscape.com/support
WHAT'S NEW IN VERSION 2.4:
Lots of helpful improvements were made with this update:
- swipe to delete now enabled
- pop-up warnings less bothersome
- Types and Items labeled better
- navigation bug fixed
WHAT'S NEW IN VERSION 2.3:
This major update finally supports a feature that a lot of you have been waiting for: MULTI-ITEM ENTRY! Now, you can create or add to a packing list several times faster than before. Add whole categories or types with just a tap. Try it out for yourself!
WHAT'S NEW IN VERSION 2.2:
With this update, you can now view the entire version update history for Packing Pro. Just tap on 'View Updates' in the info screen. It's a great way to see how far we've come since version 1.0!
WHAT'S NEW IN VERSION 2.1:
This update now allows you to restore previously replaced Master Catalogs, or even restore the Master Catalog to its original, default content. You are also now able to permanently delete any packing lists, catalog categories, or replaced Master Catalogs from the 'restore deleted...' and 'restore Master Catalog' pages.
WHAT'S NEW IN VERSION 2.0:
This major upgrade enhances the power of the recently added Import / Export function. Besides in-app copying & out-of-app backup, you can now also do the following:
- copy packing lists & list categories between apps (from Packing to Packing Pro, or vice versa)
- copy catalog categories, or the whole Master Catalog, between Packing & Packing Pro
- copy any of the above between different iPhones / iPod Touches (*with the help of one of several available free, 3rd-party apps)
As you can see, it's easy now to share data between Packing and Packing Pro, since you can transfer all of your hard-input data with just a few simple taps. This feature is also useful for sharing lists between members of a family or traveling group, or sharing translated content as well. The iLove Travel Packing family has just gotten a lot more connected!
WHAT'S NEW IN VERSION 1.7:
A new, powerful Import / Export function has been added. With it, you can now do the following:
- copy packing list categories from one packing list to another
- quickly build a modular list from scratch
- backup your lists and catalogs outside of the actual app
WHAT'S NEW IN VERSION 1.6:
The Expert List assistant has been expanded to now include food preparation and clothes washing preferences, on top of the existing settings for number of adults (male & female), children and days, as well as temperature & destination info. Try it out for yourself!
WHAT'S NEW IN VERSION 1.5:
The packing list SORT function has been expanded to now include:
- Sort by User
- Sort by Type
- Sort by Item
Feel free to sort by one of the above, while showing items that are packed, unpacked, or both.
WHAT'S NEW IN VERSION 1.4:
- added a SORT function for packed and unpacked items on the popup toolbar on the packing list page
- made the checkmark sound a bit quieter
- increased the size of the "Add new xxx" text on the packing list page
WHAT'S NEW IN VERSION 1.3:
A TOTALS function for the weight and value of packing list items has been added to the toolbar on the packing list page. The weight totals can be very useful for campers, hikers and mountaineers, and equally important for reducing the risk of over-weight and excess baggage charges for frequent fliers. The value totals can be helpful in assessing your losses due to possible lost or stolen luggage.
WHAT'S NEW IN VERSION 1.2:
Optional WEIGHT and VALUE attributes have been added to each item on a packing list to provide you with the flexibility and power to keep even better records on all of your packed items. Also added is a one-time "Version x.x Update" popup, which highlights enhancements made after each new, subsequent update.
WHAT'S NEW IN VERSION 1.1:
This major update has added a pre-trip TO DO list to help you with travel planning as well as packing. Here are the details of this and other improvements made in this update:
- Added a new pre-departure TO DO category, with over 100 listed items
- Added TO DO items onto all of the Sample Lists
- Integrated TO DO items into the Expert list generation tool
- TO DO category types & items are totally customizable, just like the rest of the Master Catalog. Feel free to add, delete, rename or reorder whatever you want!
- Enabled the title and table text on the packing list page to word wrap to a second line, if necessary, for better readability
- Fixed some minor bugs to improve speed and stability
- Corrected minor alignment problem at bottom of packing list page
Now, Packing Pro is no longer limited to just packing, but pre-travel planning and preparation as well. Enjoy!